No one can deny that water purifier has become a necessity in today’s life. The highly contaminated water has compelled all of us to make water purifier compulsory in our kitchen. So many factors are there to pollute water, especially the release of industrial and human wastes into the water bodies has forced the situation to be like this. And, as a result, you find the presence of heavy materials in the water along with TDS.
Hence, the water purifier is a must thing to drink safe to stay safe. There are so many types of water purifiers that are available in the market. Wall mount water purifiers are the popular one but the Under Sink RO type is also gaining popularity day by day.
We will give you the full details of these under sink RO water purifiers. So, why waste much time? Let’s know about these and choose the best one for your kitchen.
List Of Under Sink RO Water Purifiers You Should Check
|AO. Smith X5
|AO Smith Z2
Types Of Under Sink RO Water Purifiers
So many people have opted for this under the sink type water purifiers. One of the main reason behind this choice is- the kitchen of each house is getting smaller. Under Sink Ro water purifiers, are specially manufactured to cope up with the recent modular kitchens and enhance them. This type of RO fits into a small place while doing the job of water purification.
However, let’s know the types of these “Under the sink” water purifiers. This knowledge will help you to choose the correct one.
Two types of Under Sink RO water purifiers are available.
- Inline Filter
- Regular Filter
It’s time to know these two types of filters in details.
If you want to connect the water purifier in-line on the line of your normal source of water, then the Inline filter will be the best one. It comes with all the push fitting components. Though the installation process is a little bit tricky, still it is very useful. As these filters filtrate the water of your Kitchen sink tap. So, no additional tap will be required. This one is a single cartridge filter. But some upgraded models use multiple cartridges.
For this type, “Regular filter” water purifier you need to split the mains line just by a T-connector to install a separate filter tap. Because the work it does is nothing like in-line filters. This one is multiple cartridge filters.
Now, you have the answer to your question, what is that under sink RO! But, it is the time when you should know about the advantages and disadvantages of this Under Sink RO. Scroll more to know.
Advantages Of Under Sink RO Water Purifiers
- The Under Sink RO water purifiers saves a lot of kitchen counter space by staying hidden in the kitchen cabinets under the sink.
- A faucet or tap is there on the sink, just next to your regular kitchen tap. This convenient high curved tap is an easy way to fill your bottles. As in, generally, all the bottles get placed beside the sink. Moreover in case of water overflows from your bottle, you don’t have to worry about that because the extra water will directly go into the sink.
- If there is no electricity, still you will get purified water. Because water comes out from that faucet with good pressure and flows as the hydrostatic air pressurized bladder tank stores the water under the counter. So, the hydrostatic pressure in the tank remains good always. In the case of electricity issue, you will still get the purified water.
- The Hydrostatic tank of these Under Sink RO water purifier stays always filled up, and it never fails to supply you purified water. Moreover, the pressure of the water will be good enough because the water stays in the tank with the full pressure of the electric pump of the under sink RO unit.
- Gravitational law works in the wall mounted water purifiers. So, it’s obvious that it takes much time to fill a bottle than the under sink type water purifier. Also, at the time of filling bottle you have to be careful about the spillage of water as in water, falls n the floor.
- There are no design limitations applied to these Under Sink RO water purifiers. The full size is 10-inch sediment and activated carbon pre-filters are used here along with the bigger air bladder pressurized water storage tank. Since there is s many limitations in the wall mounted water purifiers because it has to fit in a cabinet or something like that. So, all kind of small parts is used in these RO.
- Even if you get some non-standard size water purifier, they are quite expensive. But these don’t happen with Uner Sink RO as there is no limitation of size. So, it’s always a good option to purchase “Under the sink” RO water purifiers.
Disadvantages Of Under Sink RO Water Purifiers
It is always better to know about all the advantages and disadvantages of a machine, before buying it. As you already know about all the advantages of this Under Sink RO water purifiers, but its time to know the disadvantages.
As per the nature f water filters, it also installed at a single point of use. So, this purifier will provide purified water through a single source only, like a tap or faucet. In case, you want that all of your taps give you purified water then you have to install a whole house filter.
Another biggest disadvantage is, you have to install a separate tap at the time of using these water purifiers. If you want something alternative, then yes, there is another scope also. You may have a three-way kitchen sink tap that can dispense hot water, filtered water and cold water from a single outlet.
However, if you have set your mind to buy an under sink RO water purifier, then you must check the list of best Under Sink RO.
Best Under Sink RO Water Purifiers
Several Under Sink Water Purifiers are there, but some of them have the ability to grab our eyes. So we prepared a list of the best three water purifiers. Check now and complete your purchase.
Whenever we say water purifier, Kent always comes to our mind first. Being the most popular brand it has held its position in a very convenient way since it came to market. Under The Sink category products also left a good mark in the industry. However, Kent Excell+ is one of the best purifiers among those under-the-sink types. It works on Kent’s patented Mineral RO Technology, along with an in-built TDS controller.
Moreover, the capacity of 7 liters makes sure that you never run out of purified water. Mineral RO technology is here to take care of essential minerals. The double purification of RO and UV/UF ensures that you get 10% safe water all day.
However, you can claim free services for 4 years back t back which also includes one year of manufacturer guarantee.
- The excellent design enhances your kitchen
- World’s popular laboratories like WQA and NSF has marked it as the best
- The double Purification process of RO and UV/UF has added an extra percentage of purification
- Patented Kent Mineral RO technology guarantees 100% safe water
As the other RO does, it also wastes water.
As far as water purifiers are concerned, the A O. Smith X5 is one of the bests. AO. Smith water purifiers received a grand welcome from the industry. And Under Sink RO this company didn’t fail to set a benchmark. The storage capacity of 7.5 litres provides water to your full family. The 5-stage water purification process is another best thing that helped this RO to be best.
Moreover, you will get purified water with a TDS level up to 2000ppm. And the state-of-the-art RO membrane technology helps you to drink safely.
Have a look at the Pros and cons of this water purifier now.
- The 5-stage purification process
- Tasted and certified by WQA
No UV/UF purification, only RO purification technology is used.
AO Smith Z2
If you want something small with the same purification technology, then you must go for the AO Smith Z2. It has 5 liters of water capacity along with the SideStream RO Membrane- which takes care of safety. The main positive side f this RO is that it reduces water wastes that you may find in other RO.
- SSM patented technology reduces the wastage of water
certified by WQA
- 5-stage purification guarantees 100% safe water
Instead of UV/UF purification, it has RO purification.
That’s all from our side. Now you need to choose the one that will fit your requirements. Before purchasing any under Sink RO Water Purifier make sure that you have gone through all the features of that RO. If you think that, it will meet all of your requirements only then go for it. Else, you will get a lot of options to try. You can try our complete post to Check TDS Level Water.
How to install a RO system under the sink?
You can install it on your own but we suggest you do this with the help of some professionals.
Is under-sink RO successful?
Yes, It is successful. It is very much advantageous if you have a lack of space in your kitchen.
Can we convert normal RO to under-sink RO?
No. one should not do so because this may result in bad results. For a better result, one should go with the professional RO mechanic.